Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Woodcarving

This Thursday and Friday I am taking a caricature carving class from Don Mertz at Sauder Village. Don carves tiny folks using only a knife. He is a member of the Caricature Carvers of America and is a great instructor. His website is www.woodbeecarver.com. I promise to post pictures of my classroom efforts. :o) 

Saturday and Sunday I have a table at the Sauder Village Woodcarver's Show and Sale. I have been working on a Gnome Village. The show runs from 10 am to 5 pm on Saturday and 11 am to 4 pm on Sunday. It is also the last day of the 2011 regular season and all sorts of fall and harvest activities will be happening. Check out www.SauderVillage.org to see what is going on. By the way, this guy is a Sarasota Gnome as that is where I was when I carved him. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment