Friday, July 6, 2012

I recently attended Floyd Rhadigan's woodcarving week of classes in Evart, MI. It was held at the fairgrounds and camping was available for those who wanted to do that but an excellent motel was also within walking distance for those of us who are not curently campers. :)

Caricature carving classes were taught by Floyd (www.fantasycarving.com) and also by Steve Brown (www.sbrownwoodcarving.com) Classes in woodburning, wildlife power carving, relief, and walking sticks were also available. This is an annual affair and I am definitely planning to attend next year.

In Steve's class I carved "Bobo the Bigfoot Hunter".



I plan to carve a bigfoot sneaking up on him. :o) I also am working on a Halloween witch that is in progress at this time.

In Floyd's class I did "Rodney" that resembles an old friend from Florida.


One of the other wood carvers was a delightful old gentleman who walked with two canes but did not let that slow him down one bit. I could not help carving him, too.


So, it was a great week and I learned a lot of tips and tricks and just plain good info. Thanks to both Steve and Floyd for great classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment